After introducing Dota Plus in March 2018, this is the first time I know, that Valve made some significant update to their paid subscription called Dota Plus.
On Dota2 blog it says:
Dota Plus members can now purchase a new treasure with shards. This treasure features 12 community-created sets for Nyx Assassin, Leshrac, Medusa, Vengeful Spirit, Weaver, Clockwerk, Faceless Void, Doom, Sven, Axe, Crystal Maiden, and Tusk. It also includes the re-introduction of Ethereal and Prismatic gems, with the very rare Blazing Hatchling courier coming pre-equipped with a random one of each.
The next treasure will be available on Dec 1st, and then again every 3 months after that
Seasonal treasure can now be purchased using Shards. Each one cost 10,000 shards
Several features from the Battle Pass have also moved into Dota Plus:
- The Chat Wheel sound effects (e.g. Moo, Orchestra Hit) are now available by redeeming shards.
- The pull timers when holding ALT are now available to Dota Plus members.
- The post-game healing and gold breakdowns have now merged with the existing Dota Plus damage tab.
- The Battle Pass MVP feature is now available for all players, but Dota Plus customers can earn extra shards with a new Seasonal quest.
We’ve also bumped up the number of players allowed to be on the Avoid Players list from 16 to 25.
…the following subset of features to be available for all players:
- All players can now reach up to Hero Level 5 without a Dota Plus subscription. Only subscribers can reach Silver tier and above.
- All players can now use tipping for shards.
- All players can now earn the weekly shard reward for winning 3 matches. Non-subscribers earn 500 shards per week, while Dota Plus members earn 1000.
- The Dota Plus Rewards store has been renamed to the “Shard Shop”, and the premium hero sets, legacy hero sets, and tools are now purchasable by everyone. The Seasonal treasure, Chat Wheel sound effects and Hero Relics remain Dota Plus exclusive.
The Guild system that is part of Battle Pass 2020 remained.
Once a week, guild members will receive their new guild rank and can claim a reward of shards; Dota Plus members earn double the amount of shards.
Guild contracts now earn both guild points and shards. All players have access to one contract slot per day, and Dota Plus members have access to a second slot.
For this season, we are going to try a new approach to MMR resets. We are making the MMR reset optional, and for those who want to participate, we instead spread it out so it doesn’t create too much volatility at the same time (ontop of the volatility that already exists when you enter calibration).
Upon logging in, you can go to Settings, and under the Account tab there is a new MMR Recalibration section. To prevent everyone from recalibrating at once, start-times will be spaced out evenly between October 22, 2020 and November 22, 2020 and can be activated anytime until the Season is over
We are currently aiming for end of November for a new hero release, followed by more that are spread throughout next year with the next one in the first quarter next year.
In terms of toxicity and game ruining behaviors from players, we are working on a new Overwatch style system, similar in some ways to that of CS:GO.
The new look of Match Rewards after each game
My first purchased of Autumnal Treasure 2020 using 10,000 Shards
Our guild named Isolation eSport
There are now Seasonal Quests similar to the time that they first launched Dota Plus.